Detailed study on Knowledge Management Systems and Strategies.

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Knowledge Information Data .. confusing concepts !!

The first ever topic which becomes more and more confusing as researching progresses..
Data-->raw material
Information-->Data with meaning
Knowledge--->Information with purpose
This is the meaning I encountered in all the articles.
But after reviewing all of them I personally get a question that why do we collect data ??
The most practical example is like uptill last week I didnt know of this topic but then since I got an assignment i started thinking about the possible differences. So there was a purpose. Likewise gathering of data takes place only because there is a purpose which eventually leads us to knowledge. When professor Abou gave the topic he was sharing information but for me it was knowledge which was in most primitive stage but it was knowledge based on which I researched and came up to all the conclusions. Then does it mean that the terms differ for every individual ??? Uptill now I believe that its a cycle which starts with knowledge and ends with knowledge with data and information as different phases in the middle.
Really eager for tomorrow and looking forward to get answers to all my questions...!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I think this article has a good starting point. However you need to go deeper with referencing the work of other KM scholars (Theory). Then you need to explain what it means in an organisation context (critique), not your personal context. Nevertheless you might state your personal position today (Feb 2010) and have different opinion in (Apr 2010), so that might be a good thing to say on later date (future blog).

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you percieved Aboubakr provided 'information', is this truly information or is it knowledge for you? Knowledge will always exist, information gradually fades away, will you remember this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly thanks a lot to bot of u to become a part of my article!!N ravi wht u said is Very true !! bcz today I think very differently about all these terms which will change as I will complete my coursework. and mctse you stated a very point. I am surely going to remember this. thnx again..

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, that's good to hear. I haven't seen any new articles? hope your working hard to complete them and I hope to see them on your blog.

    ReplyDelete